question

jackfish avatar image
jackfish asked

Solar Charge Controller Error 21

Hey all my 100/50 mpg gave me a error 21 .

Hit the brackets and remove all wires then rebooked the battery only and nothing checked with meter 12.4 v so there is power to mppt just one blue light it's dead 6month old. Any. Ideas?

error
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

From the mppt manual

Err 21 - Current sensor issue

This error will not auto-reset.

Disconnect all wires, and then reconnect all wires. Also, make sure the minus on the MPPT charge controller (PV minus/Battery minus) is not bypassing the charge controller.

If the error remains, please contact the dealer, there might be a hardware defect.

Hook the solar back up and try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
jackfish avatar image jackfish klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Thanks still dead might open it up ? First i am going to talk to

Victron .

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Don't "open it up", @Jackfish ... There are no user serviceable parts inside and you will literally have to break the thing open to get inside, which will of course void your warranty... and you won't discover anything useful.

Victron will most likely tell you to contact the distributor from whom you purchased the device, so I'd suggest you skip a step and just contact your dealer.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jackfish avatar image jackfish commented ·

Thanks Justin like most picked it off Amzson have contacted

Dealer fingers crossed .

0 Likes 0 ·
jackfish avatar image
jackfish answered ·

Update

Contacted Victron and the seller.

Victron kindly said not problem.

The seller is pasting it off to Victron still waiting .

Not the best customer support.

2 comments
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@Jackfish , that's unfortunate... we're a Victron distributor and sell on Amazon, eBay, and our own website as well and whenever we get a return request through any of those channels, we send an RMA form to the purchaser, the purchaser sends us the defective unit, and we send out a new one... simple as that. Then I bench-test the returned unit and file an RMA with Victron after I've made my observations of its behavior... bottom line, there's zero reason why your seller should be giving you the runaround like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
jackfish avatar image jackfish Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Not sure why we'll give it a few days see what happens.

0 Likes 0 ·
jackfish avatar image
jackfish answered ·

Happy days they are sending a replacement finally.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic