question

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack asked

Victron SmartShunt electronic with non Victron Shunts

Good day,

currently I have no SmartShunt and I can not find the relevant info.

I have a HUGE 2000A Busbar with 8 integrated Shunts "LUMEL 100A 50mV" for my 5 Windmills, the DC GenSet and such.

I like to know, if the Victron SmartShunt electronic can be setup to foreign Shunts.

Thankyou in advance

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The electronics of the SmartShunt is not designed to be mounted on a different shunt and there is no option to adjust the shunt current/voltage ratio.

But with the BMV-700/702/712 you can do that.
https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-monitors

You can mount the PCB to another shunt and you can adjust the current/voltage ratio in the settings.

You have to buy the complete BMV incl. 500A shunt or you ask your local Victron distributor if he can sell you just the PCB and the monitor as spare parts.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
Thank you for your fast answer.

I have 3 BMV 702 which I use since 2018 (the SmartShunt did not exist in this time) to monitor the power consumption, but it is a very ugly because it does not really work .

If I install 8 SmartShunts 500A on my 2000A Busbar (Aluminium 80x15mm) would become around 4 times longer, hence roughly 2,3m.

Do you know, if someone has done already a DIY EnergyMeter?

Thank you for your support

0 Likes 0 ·