After running a Honda generator this week my Inverter is showing a Low Power status and a "--" under the incoming Grid power with no mains connected.
I introduced a new generator into my system during the last week, a Honda 2200i. My existing setup is Mains, Progressive EMS, MultiPlus 3000, 100/50 MPPT, CCGX and the Trailer loads both 12volt and 120volt. I noticed some odd behavior at first, when a high load would kick on it would "drop the mains input" and show the Grid Power as "--", the generator would keep running. After a minute the Grid Power would come back and show wattage again. And now with all mains disconnected (unplugged even) the Grid Power is still showing as "--" and the inverter status is "Low Power".
I will validate the following Settings:
- 'Dynamic current limiter' option:
- 'Power Assist'
- Assist current boost factor
- UPS function option
- 'Accept wide input frequency' option (may be required if gen-set has an inconsistent AC output frequency)
- 'Weak AC input' option (may be required if gen-set has a poor AC waveform, but less efficient)
- AC1/AC2 input current limit
- System frequency
- Inverter output voltage
- AC low & high voltage disconnect/connect voltages
- DC input low shut-down voltage
- 'Shut-down on SOC' option
- SOC low shutdown %
- Any 'assistants' you may be running
1. Turn on AC with generator not running and power off inverter/batteries, turn ON generator and the generator runs and provides power.
2. Turn on AC with generator running (charging batteries and powering low AC Loads) and Mains drops out and AC compressor kicks off
Best Guess Scenario's:
1. EMS is reading the inverter assisting as backfeed and dropping the generator power
2. Load is too big for the generator (I turned the Multi to Off and the generator could do it)
3. Honda inverter Style generator and Multiplus are not compatible
I would appreciate any help, theories, trouble shooting ideas. - Ben