question

Brian avatar image
Brian asked

smart shunt settings help

I'm trying to figure out my battery settings for my new smart shunt, maybe someone can share their settings.

I have two deep cycle lead acid batteries 6 volts each wired and series. The batteries are the Costco golf cart batteries 210ah. The batteries are installed and they travel trailer. I will be charging with a portable 110 watt solar panel, as well as on board charger.

does somebody have the same setup and can share your battery settings?

Thank you for your help,

Brian

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Brian

I've a similar set of GC2 pattern batts, in 8x series (48V). Different brand and rating, but I use this.

1714458791730.png

This set to sync in Float, and you'll need to adjust the CEF to fine tune it. A start point though, ask again if you need the 'why' answers.. :)

1714458791730.png (53.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Brian avatar image
Brian answered ·

Thank you for your assistance. Just trying to learn what settings should be best.

If the CEF is not set correctly the batteries will say they are at 100% charged when they are not?

Brian

5 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Brian

See here. It explains what affects the SOC and synchronisation and how to trouble shoot.

CEF is explained here.

1 Like 1 ·
Brian avatar image Brian Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you for the information. I hoping someone had the same setup and I could use their numbers. It looks like there is lots of factors involved and everyones numbers are going to be different. I have a lot of reading and trial and error to do.

Thank you,

Brian

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Brian commented ·
Batteries in series, so capacity is 210

Divide @JohnC 's voltage setting by 4.

Unless you're charging with solar, all the other settings are ok.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@Brian

Let us start with what voltages are you using to charge? Usually the charged voltage is set using those two values. (13.37v is what @JohnC would have used if he had a 12v system)

Really you need to set the charge voltage and the battery capacity, then work from there. You can leave most as default for lead acid after that unless you are experiencing synchronisation issues.

There is a you tube video on it.

1 Like 1 ·
Brian avatar image Brian Alexandra ♦ commented ·
That makes sense. Thank you for the help.

Brian

0 Likes 0 ·