question

Kees Oomen avatar image
Kees Oomen asked

Bug? Orion XS does not recognize Victron BMS v2

Hi, when I check settings on my cerbo GX, I can connect to my Orion XS device which is connected with ve.direct. I can also control it through the cerbo, so the connection is working.

However, the Orion does not detect my BMS. I am checking with dbus as "/Settings/BMSPresent" is 0 for the Orion XS. And it's 1 for my MPPT (so that one works..)
As a result That causes the Orion not using DVCC (for example when settings DVCC charge limit, the Orion XS does not take it)

I have cerbo gx firmware version 3.20 and orion xs firmware version v1.03 (latest)
- edit: updating cerbo gx firmware to 3.31 did not change the issue

BMSDVCCorion xs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kees Oomen avatar image
Kees Oomen answered ·

Maybe I should restart my Orion XS, but how can I do this, aside from disconnect from power supply?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kees Oomen avatar image Kees Oomen commented ·
This did not help
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Kees Oomen

At the moment, /Settings/BMSPresent will indeed always be 0. DVCC and the charge limit should work however. We will look into this. Thank you for reporting this issue.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Kees Oomen avatar image Kees Oomen commented ·

Thanks Thiemo. Just for the record: Manually setting charge limit through /Settings/Set/ChargeCurrentLimit is working, but when trying to do through DVCC is does not take it over.

0 Likes 0 ·