question

rui-ferreira avatar image
rui-ferreira asked

Phoenix Inverter 48/5000/230 parallel config using VictronConnect

This post follows a previous one a few days ago, where I questioned the possibility of using DIP switches to parallel a second compatible inverter with the existing one which runs a FW508, and I´ve been advised to forget that and, instead, to use Victron SW, namely VictronConnect application.

But the use of this app is protected by a code, code which seems to be available only from Victron certified distributors and/or installers.

As I've done for the first and actual Phoenix Inverter, I intend to buy the second device also from an Internet supplier, and I want to make the parallel installation by myself (regardless the "complexity" of it), so my question is:.

QUESTION: as an end user, how do I get the password/code to run the VictronConnect app for parallel configuration of two Phoenix Inverters 48/5k/230 by myself?

Note: the Internet supplier for first inverter (serial nr.HQ2038****), questioned twice on this, didn't answer.

Thanks for your support, community or Victron.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Recommend stronger Google skills.

https://shop.pkys.com/victronconnect-upgrade.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rui-ferreira avatar image
rui-ferreira answered ·

To snoobler,

Thanks for the link, your Google skill is remarkable.

But, assuming "zzz" is serious, I wonder why such a "secret code" is spread on the Internet, while Vitron keeps saying it is reserved to Vitron's certified distributors and/or installlers.

Rare thing, isn't it?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

1 comment
2 |3000

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·

I personally think it's simply a test to see if those tackling this exercise have done basic research on the topic and bothered to read the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_configuration_guide_for_VE.Bus_products/en/index-en.html

0 Likes 0 ·