question

Jonny Sollid avatar image
Jonny Sollid asked

Victron smart dongle firmware and setup

I have a Victron system with multiplus compact 12/1200, mppt smart solar, smart dongle, bmw 712 and color gx. Everything is connected in a bluetooth network and mppt and bmw 712 with ve.direct to color gx. I have not installed temp sensor for multiplus, but connected smart dongle to multiplus with rj45 plug. Multiplus is connected to color gx with rj45 plug. As far as I can find out this is correct. All victron devices are updated with the latest software including multiplus (460) with the exception of smart dongle which has firmware v1.07. When i try to update smart dongle via victron connect i do not get access to update files..?

So my first question is what is the latest smart dongle firmware?

The other question is that smart dongle runs in "secondary mode" because color gx is connected. Is this wrong when I do not have temp sensor on mbw 712 or multiplus?

My idea was that smart dongle should share battery temp to all devices in the network, is this not possible?

firmware updateSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@jonnys, hopefully you've sorted this in the time since you've originally posted this question, but in case you haven't:

1. VictronConnect will (so long as you have the latest version of VC) automatically alert you to updated firmware versions for any devices you connect to with it. Therefore, if you connect to your VE.Bus Smart Dongle using VictronConnect and no firmware update for the dongle is available, that means you already have the latest firmware available for it.

2. No, the VE.Bus Smart Dongle will not share temperature data to other devices over a VE.Smart network. For full details regarding VE.Smart networks, what devices are compatible, and how to configure them, please see https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.