question

mctree avatar image
mctree asked

Voltage output limit?

I have a Victron 12/24 15A Orion Smart isolted DC DC converter that I am trying to set up to power my Ecoflow Delta 2 from my Land Cruiser alternator. When I first turn it on, it will increase the 13.7V output coming from my land cruiser to 28V as I have set it. This puts around 370watts into the Ecoflow. In testing I have run it for an hour at the output drops a bit due to heat, but not much.

If I turn off the land cruiser and the Orion senses this, it will shut down as it should.

The problem is that when I turn the Land Cruiser back on, the Orion will not put out more than 20V or 280 watts into the Ecoflow.

Is there a setting that I need to use to get the Orion to return to the 28V it initially output?

orion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@MCTree

Maybe check your rebulk offset?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mctree avatar image mctree commented ·
Hmmm. In what way?

I’m sitting here testing and have tired moving it up to 4V and down to .02V. Not seeing a difference.

After I stop charging, the Orion limits itself to 20V output until I shut the Orion down completely and wait a couple of minutes for it to lose all internal power.

Then I can get 28V out of it again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources