question

michelg avatar image
michelg asked

Which Orion for charging a Bluetti EB70 ?

Hi everyone !

I am thinking of installing a charging system Orion in my car for the Bluetti EB70 in order to increase the voltage to at least 24VDC.

Bluetti EB70 Max input : 28VDC / 200W - Contains an MPPT !

VDC from my car : 12VDC.

Which model is recommended ?

Thanks, Michel

orion dc-dc
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Snake oil = avoid.
0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image michelg klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
What do you mean by snake oil ? The Orion ? Should I buy a cheap converter 12V/24V instead of the Orion ?
0 Likes 0 ·
beaker avatar image beaker commented ·
@MichelG Did you purchase a unit? If yes, which one? Isolated vs Non isolated? Performance?

I have and EB70 also, trying to improve in car charging input, any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Gordon

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Given the numbers you quote a 12/24-5 would seem to be right. The 12/24-10 is 240W, so too much. But there's too little to go on here. What are the specs of the Bluetti charger?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelg avatar image michelg commented ·
The EB70 Bluetti can handle 200W through its mppt, but using the 12/24-10 should not be a problem, as it remains inside the specs. and won't run full power, which could also be an issue on the long term.

The PSU which comes with the EB70 gives 195W when recharging it. I also was thinking on the Orion -Tr 12/24-10 model "isolated" ?

Thanks for your time and reply.

Michel

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ michelg commented ·
The one you're considering is 240W, it will probably run at that as well. Unless you have a way to drop the current.
0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image michelg kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@kevgermany , thanks for the help. I'll buy it for my project.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Riley avatar image Kevin Riley michelg commented ·
Hi, did you try this use case scenario with the dc 12/24 converter to the EB70 ? I'm looking at something like that for DC charging of a Bluetti EB3A and EB150. Either 5 or 10 amp would be fine under this scenario
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources