question

Fideri avatar image
Fideri asked

How do I connect 1 Cerbo relay to 2 aux inputs on 2 Quattros running in parallel?

Hi everyone,

I suspect this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it on the forum despite my best efforts. Scenario:

1. I plan to wire 2 AC-OUT 2s on 2 Quattros running in parallel together. Currently, there are no loads on any AC-OUT 2. No problem.

2. Load an assistant in the two Quattros that switches on AC-OUT 2 depending on the state of their respective Aux 1. No problem.

3. Connect Cerbo's relay 1 to the 2 AUX 1 ports on the 2 Quattros. This is where my challenge lies. How do you connect 2 wires from the Cerbo relay to 4 inputs on the Quattros? Use a splitter? Connect only the master and ignore the slave? In the latter case, still connect together the 2 AC-OUTs or only use the AC-OUT 2 of master?

Why do I need to use the Cerbo relay at all? Simple: to control it with more granularity than the AC-OUT 2 offers.

Fideri

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxmultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

If it has to be connected to both, you just chain them:

• Wire from cerbo relay pin1 to Inv1 Aux pin 1
  • Wire from Inv1 Aux pin2 to Inv2 aux pin 1
  • Wire from inv2 aux pin2 to cerbo relay pin2

You can also just run two sets of wires:

• Wire from Cerbo relay pin 1 to Inv1 Aux pin1
  • Wire from Cerbo relay pin 1 to Inv2 Aux pin1
  • Wire from Cerbo relay pin 2 to Inv1 Aux pin2
  • Wire from Cerbo relay pin 2 to Inv2 Aux pin2

I have my Batrium BMS relay chained to my MPPT control relay and my Quattro for 2 signal BMS control in this fashion so that an open circuit kills charging on both.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@snoobler

Both options are feasible in my environment. I will go with one of them. Many thanks.

F.

2 |3000