question

beeeeep-beeeeep avatar image
beeeeep-beeeeep asked

phoenix 12/500 lower votage battery bug?

Hi everybody!

I've got a weird behavior on my phoenix inverter.

I don't know exactly when and why it occurs, but three days ago I charge a laptop (90 W) and the red faulty led light up (after two hours, full sun). Ok, I switch it off. Two days later, I restart it, plugged in my laptop again and the phoenix was still faulty. I plugged in the Ve.Direct and I saw the lower voltage battery notification but the battery was in charge (mppt 100/20) at 13.60 (kind of fully charge) but impossible to make it work. I finally had to change the charge detect setting to 14V to 13V to make it work. But I don't know what exactly this setting is doing and It was working for 2 years before that with the previous setting. (the other settings Low battery shut down are 11V and alarm 11,1V).

I saw on the Mppt that the batteries went under 9V the 5 last days for no reasons (maybe dead batteries, still monitoring it right now). But it should not impact the inverter behaviour in the day (13.6V) as I understand it.

Also I had the Inverting remote on-off cable (ASS030550120) plugged. i tried without and with the jumper cable and nothing changed.

Anybody has any ideas of what could be wrong/has changed ?

Thanks for your answers

Phoenix Inverter
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Sounds as if your batteries have died. Recording 9V is usually end of life. Voltage will come up when charging, but as soon as there's a load, the voltage drops right off.

0 Likes 0 ·
beeeeep-beeeeep avatar image beeeeep-beeeeep kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

I know it sound bad for the batteries but after monitoring all night, they didn't fall under 12V. Today, I charged my computer completely (only the batteries and the inverter were connected) without any problem. The charge hold above 12.2V during an hour and a half.

Any other ideas ? Could it be a bad contact ? The Mppt would have prevent a charge put the batteries under 11V...

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ beeeeep-beeeeep commented ·
Could be bad contact, internal problem in cables. You're going to have to trace it.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers