question

ee21 avatar image
ee21 asked

MultiPlus Compact 24/2000 > AutoTransformer - Where is Ground Relay connector?

I am trying to identify where inside my MultiPlus Compact 24/2000, does the Ground Relay control wire of the Victron AutoTransformer connect, shown on page 13 of the AutoTransformer manual here:

The Manual of the MultiPlus 3000 clearly shows one of the terminals dedicated to this feature here, note GND-Relay plus + and - :

The manual of the MultiPlus Compact 2000 however, shows no such terminal, and indeed when you open it up, none can be found:

Can anyone, particularly staff members perhaps, confirm if there is any possibility of connecting the MultiPlus Compact 2000 in this manor? Can a connection be soldered on to the board where the internal ground relay connection is, or is the intended functionality of this relay unique, and something the Compact 2000 lacks entirely?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGroundingAutotransformer
screenshot-13.png (239.1 KiB)
screenshot-15.png (74.7 KiB)
screenshot-14.png (131.1 KiB)
screenshot-15.png (74.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
penbarker avatar image
penbarker answered ·

@ee21 did you find an answer to this question? I am setting up the same system and need help finding the external ground relay connector in the MP Compact enclosure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

I do not believe the multiplus compact has this feature. You need the full size multiplus 3000, or larger.

I ended up going with a split-phase inverter setup.

2 |3000

penbarker avatar image
penbarker answered ·

@ee21 perhaps the auxiliary relay can be programmed to act as the external ground relay, closing the aux relay (instead of the internal ground relay) when disconnected from shore?

2 |3000

solardude avatar image
solardude answered ·

I think penbarker may have the workaround. I imagine you could turn off the Inverters ground relay, then configure the programmable relay to open and close when AC input power is present.

Probably not 100% Victron supported, but I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. The one caveat would be to figure out the voltage required to close the AT relay. Then use the MP as a dry contact. You would need a voltage source to run through the MP relay to trigger it.

2 |3000