question

jfmoney68 avatar image
jfmoney68 asked

Smartshunt firmware update stops at 26%

Hi. Been trying to update the firmware on my Smartshunt but it keeps stopping at 26%. Also now says Current Version: none !! Can still connect to it via Bluetooth.

Have searched here for answers, but nothing has worked.

Any ideas what else I can try?img-5745.png

SmartShunt
img-5745.png (232.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @jfmoney68

Do you perhaps have another phone / tablet / computer with VE.Direct cable that you can try the update with?

Otherwise, please create a service report (https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report) and post that here in an comment.

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jfmoney68 avatar image
jfmoney68 answered ·

Hi Thiemo

I've tried via Bluetooth on an iphone and ipad. Also via USB cable from a laptop. Always gets as far as 26% in the update and stops. Probably tried 50 times in total.

I've attached the service report file. Hope you can help!

JamesMoney.log

jamesmoney.log (826.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @jfmoney68

Unfortunately we can draw no other conclusion then that the internal program storage of the SmartShunt has a problem that can not be fixed.

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000