question

Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc asked

VRM cell Min Max Scaling on 2 different scales

Something seems to have changed recently on the VRM display. For the BMS widget Min/max cell Voltage are now on two separate scaling on left the other right. This was not the case before. Both used the Same scale which seems to me the better choice.
We care to have all the cell at the same Voltage. So the Ability to quickly identify when and how cell voltage diverge is critical.
Now the two sets of data appear on two different scaling that are very different from each other which makes analysis difficult. The graph below first made my heart jump until I realized the two curves are on different scales. If easier for you to have left and right scales, at least make then use the same limits.

1711317616016.png

This seems to be a new issue. I never noticed it before.

VRMBMS
1711317616016.png (96.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc answered ·

Well, Just want to add to this Post...
Just, closed the Widget, Re-opened it. Now both data are on the same scale.
Why would this happen? not sure... I mean what made it change behaviour???

1711318342440.png

1711318342440.png (58.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Jmarc

The stock Widgets auto-scale. That gap in your data may have caused it. You could try setting up a Custom Widget, then you can set a permanent scale that won't change.

2 comments
2 |3000

John C has the correct explanation.

Nothing has changed from our end.

With some rare exceptions we do not lock the y-axis for the advanced widgets, they will auto-scale to the data that is available.

Most of the time this is what you want, but it can sometimes cause issues occasionally.

In those cases we have the custom widget tool that allows you to specify your own desired y-axis.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
I'm surprised that this widget auto scales. I thought about it, thought it shouldn't, at least not differently on the two metrics.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc answered ·

thanks for the response.
Not sure what was happening. But I also partly do not understand your answer. As far as I can see, Using Firefox browser, I do not have the ability to change the vertical scale. It seems to always auto-scale. Am I missing something?

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Jmarc

In the 'Select the info...' page, look to the last selection listed - 'Custom Widget'. There you can build your own from scratch and edit it too as you find necessary.

There's a VRM manual on Victron's website that might help.

1 Like 1 ·

Hi @Jmarc,

You can change the Y-axis scale by using the 'custom widget' function.

cleanshot-2024-03-27-at-144622.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·