question

dbannio avatar image
dbannio asked

What battery charger do I need?

Looking to upgrade a RV to lithium. I have 4 120AH 12V LiCube LiFePo4 Modular batteries (http://filimatic.si/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/LICUBE_traktion_GB.pdf). What Victron Multiplus charger/inverter would work with these 4 batteries?

battery charginginverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

I'd recommend the Multiplus 12/3000/120-50/120v. We've sold quite a few of these to customers with very similar lithium house banks (Battle Born or Victron, usually), and they have all been extremely happy with the performance.

I'd definitely recommend a BMV-712 with this setup as well... after you've spent this much on batteries and a Multiplus, it's well worth the extra couple hundred dollars to be able to keep a very close eye on your battery state.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ben avatar image
ben answered ·

You have a lot of options in the Victron line. Things you need to answer for yourself first:

1) what grid/shore/generator sources will you have

2) do you already have a transfer switch, and what is your AC topology

3) how much power would you like

4) how much space and weight capacity do you have

5) how much money do you have

Have a look through the MultiPlus and Quattro lineup for some of the most common models people use on RVs (myself included).

This forum is not a great place for system design discussion, being more question-oriented, but hopefully this will get you started.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic