question

yvonbell avatar image
yvonbell asked

Soc wrong?

I have a 12 volt 230ah lithium battery. The smart says 100% soc but voltage says 11.7. Verified by multimeter. This doesn’t make sense,no?

SmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Yvonbell

No. The SOC is incorrect but then what are your settings on the shunt?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If the system has not been properly configured it makes perfect sense, and is expected.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yvonbell avatar image yvonbell commented ·

I’m not gonna Be near the shunt for a week or so. Do you have suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell yvonbell commented ·
Post a screenshot of the current settings on the shunt and we will review them and makes suggestions. It is also worth noting how you charge the battery (solar, mains charger), and what absorption voltage you use and typical charging current. Under some situations the shunt can synchronise to 100% before the battery is full.
0 Likes 0 ·
yvonbell avatar image
yvonbell answered ·

So this battery was used in a cottage, off grid. I set my magnum inverter charger to lfp battery. Absorb time 1.5 hours..low battery cutout at 11 volts. , my Midnite kid charge controller absorb 14.4 for 15 minutes.float 13.3 low battery cutoff 10.8, reconnect 12.4. img-7148.png
this is what my shunt is showing.

img-7148.png (238.1 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Charged voltage is too low. Set it to just below absorption voltage.

And set both chargers to the battery maker's recommendations. Same on both.

0 Likes 0 ·
yvonbell avatar image yvonbell kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks. I’ll try that
0 Likes 0 ·