question

salcot avatar image
salcot asked

VRM Advanced menu data issue following Cerbo GX and Quattro Firmware update

This a completely Off-grid installation with a Quattro 48/10000/140-2x100 and Cerbo GX installed late last year as part of a system upgrade from 24v to 48v. Other than the FLA battery bank the system is entirely AC coupled with a Generator on the Quattro AC1 in and Wind/Sun grid-tie inverters on the load side of the Quattro AC out. Cerbo PV inverter assistant controls frequency shifting which is also moderated by frequency activated diversion loads on the AC load side. There is no comms link with the grid-tie inverters.

The system is configured in a basic format and is working fine - as it has for the last 13 years (with another manufacturer's Inverter /Chargers).

There is a comprehensive and well established monitoring system on the AC side of the system such that I have needed to make limited use VRM thus far but have simply been getting used to what is available. I have enabled Venus Large to make use of DC side data via Node Red/MQTT. This works fine.

I updated both Cerbo and Quattro firmwares (to 3.22 and 510 respectively) via VRM on 1st March specifically to be able to make use of the Generator warm-up/cool-down settings (a very useful addition). I saw nothing in the firmware changelogs that indicated there may be an issue in doing so.

Prior to the updates VRM advanced menu widget VE BUS STATE (276) was recording the charge state (ie Inverting, Bulk, Absorption, Float etc) as per the Quattro LEDs and LAN enabled Remote Console. Since the updates VE BUS STATE (276) records only Inverting (although the Quattro and Remote Console are unchanged). See attached screenshot below.

On downloading VRM CSV files I notice that there is a record category VE BUS CHARGE STATE (276) which does record the charge state correctly. This category is not available as a standard or custom widget.

This is not a major issue (I could always extract the charge state in Node red and display via the external monitoring system) but it is something of a nonsense that I can not display it in synch with information on the remote console and the Quattro itself.

Perhaps I have missed something or made an incorrect adjustment myself but something seems to have changed on VRM and the logic behind the widget availability in general escapes me.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

screenshot-2024-03-22-172819.jpg

VRMoffgridquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The chart covers a long time period and won't be able to display shorter periods when not inverting.

A chart for the last couple of days should show the 'missing' levels.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

salcot avatar image salcot commented ·
Sadly that is not the case. There is no period setting that displays anything but "Inverting".

I chose to chart the period I did to demonstrate the difference in the chart display prior to and following the firmware upgrades.

This particular chart was inconsistent even before the firmware upgrades.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources