nordarne avatar image
nordarne asked

Cerbo Unstable aber Update to 3.2

Hi all,

i have a Victron ESS consisting of

• Cerbo GX
  • Multiplus 48/3000
  • EM530 for Grid Measurement
  • ET340 for measuring the PV Generator(s)
  • one 3 Phase SMA PV Inverter (8kW)
  • one 1 Phase Growatt Inverter (3kW)

For over a year this system ran on v2.9something without any issues. Now i thought it would be a good idea to update it to the latest Version...but i once more learned..never change a running system.

After the update to 3.2 a few days ago the Connection got very unstable with many lost connections of the remote consolem but according to the grid meter the ESS part was still working. Only seldom it really got totaly out of order and needed a reboot.

Now i thought, maybe Victron has a new software for me, and yes i saw that 3.3 was available. But damit... now the cerbo can hardly run. When i am able to connect to the Remote console it only takes a few minutes until it crashes again. Then I am not able to get in contact neither via the Remote console nor via putty ssh. When i try to connect via remote console i get the failed to connect message.

This happens either with Wifi as well as when the cerbo is connected via lan cable. Also i cannot see any difference when i disconnect my two Meters. Still the same issue.

Anyone has an Idea what i could try?

cerbo gxremote consoleconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@NordArne

There is always the option to roll back.

Did you update all Victron components as well or just the Cerbo. That can also cause weirdness.

Yeah as the addage is - don't fix what ain't broke.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nordarne avatar image
nordarne answered ·

@Alexandra

I only updated the Cerbo, not the Multiplus.

I also went back to V3.00 and strangly enough,the problem is still there!

My guess is that it is related to the EM540 Meter.It sends 10times more Data then the ET340.

When i plugin the EM540, the CPU load goes up from 10% to 40%.

I had the EM530 Communication disconnected last night, and the Cerbo never crashed.

Plugged it in in the Morning again, and after a while i got again a crash.

2 |3000