question

kiki-elektronautika avatar image
kiki-elektronautika asked

VICTRON BMS with lithium batteries

Respect, my name is Kristijan, Ki-Ki elektro nautika, from Croatia. We need your help regarding Victron devices, specifically I am working on the Jeannaue SO440 boat, from the existing equipment it has a Cristec charger 40A, battery isolator Cristec 150-1E-3iG, alternator is Valeo 125A. There are 3 banks of batteries on board - service, engine and bow thruster AGM batteries. The owner wants to install instead of AGM batteries - lifepo4 lithium 200Ah smart + BMS 12/200 Victron + Pheonix inverter 12V 2000Va + 6 solar panels with 3 MPPT regulators Victron Smart 100/20 + 2 DC - DC converters 12/12-18 + battery monitor BMW 712 Smart. I need information regarding the charging of lithium batteries and, if possible, some kind of connection diagram from your side, and information on whether it would be good to mount a separate charger from Victron with one output of 50A only for lithium batteries. The biggest unknown for me is the Smart BMS, considering that I have not installed it yet. My phone number is [moderator note: removed personal contact information], but we can also be in touch via email. Please provide technical support.

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Your first-level technical support on Victron components will be provided primarily by your authorized Victron distributor or dealer, but in the meantime you can find all the user and installation manuals, datasheets, and various sample system schematics that you can then modify to suit your own installation needs, from the product pages:

https://www.victronenergy.com/batteries/lithium-battery-12-8v

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.