question

pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj asked

Charge rate seems diminished after BMV update

Couple of days ago Multiplus II 3000 230V got software update. Before that charging was at 1500W. Now it ramps up for a minute, then lowers to ~150W. Fan is not running so might relate to that. So did the update broke the Multiplus?

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you reload the configuration which is lost after the update (as per documented process)?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pekkaj avatar image pekkaj commented ·

I dont have any means to load a configuration.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ pekkaj commented ·

How was it updated? If via VRM then it saves the config first and it must then be merged and reimported. If via VC app it also allows for this.

The VRM steps are clearly documented and preceded with many warnings.

You can download the blank config remotely via VRM, reconfigure it with veconfigure and then remotely upload it again.

The FAQ for the remote vebus update has recovery steps.

0 Likes 0 ·
pekkaj avatar image pekkaj nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

I only have BMV-712 which provided the update through the Android App.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ pekkaj commented ·

You can't update a multiplus through a BMV. You can only update the BMV.

Multi updates can only be done, remotely (requires a GX) or with a mk3 adapter and an app.

How is the BMV connected to the Multi? If you don't have a GX it can't affect the inverter in any way.

I think you need to explain your setup in more detail, as well as what you specifically did.

0 Likes 0 ·
pekkaj avatar image pekkaj nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

I have BMV-712 connected normally between battery and multiplus, also temperature connected to multiplus. It did download firmware update twice so I though another one was for multiplus. But if multiplus is not updated, why it's having this issue only now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

...are your batteries full?

The BMV-712 FW update has nothing to do with your MultiPlus charge rate, so either your batteries are (mostly) full or something else changed on the system, at which point you'll need to either contact your systems installer or, alternatively, grab a multimeter and start tracing lines and checking that all connections are good and etc.

2 |3000

pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj answered ·

Don't know what happened but after power off/on Multiplus is working again.

2 |3000