question

johnny-nova avatar image
johnny-nova asked

Why does Smart Solar Charger MPPT disappear from Victron Connect each morning??

Hi

Does any anyone know what might be causing my Solar Charge Controller 100/30 to disappear from view on the Victron Connect app??

This has now happened when I go to check in the morning. After disconnecting and reconnecting the solar panel I can then view the MPPT unit on app as normal.

This is new setup on a campervan running 200W solar panel to a 200Ah battery

Thanks in advance

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the panel OC voltage may not be high enough in the mornings (must be 5v more than battery volatge) maybe change to the PV panels to series connection

check that you have battery voltage at the B+ on the regulator at night. ie fuse maybe blown.

you should be able to see the smartsolar 24 hrs if there is battery voltage getting to it

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnny-nova avatar image
johnny-nova answered ·

Hi Paul

This setup uses one 200W panel on the roof and one 200W portable panel plugged in when needed. Both panels connect to separate 100/30 MPPT Solar charge controllers

The problem MPPT is showing green steady light indicating on Float charge mode and battery is registering almost full capacity.

What do you mean by ” battery voltage at B+ at the regulator at night” ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
I mean when there is NO sun on the PV panels.

There should be full battery voltage at the MPPTs battery connection.

also watch the PV OC voltage in the morning if must be 5 volts more than battery voltage to start. so on a 12 volt system that's 17 volts and if the panels arec 18v OC voltage that's a bit close.

The smartsolar unit should be visible even at night on victron connect. if its not then the battery connection maybe brocken

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources