question

sebswe avatar image
sebswe asked

VictronConnect 6.00 for Windows only 64-bit?

Hi, I have VictronConnect installed on a PC with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and version 19045.4170. It is a 32 bit version. After automatic upgrade to version 6.00 VictronConnect no longer starts.

Instead a blue sign with the text: "This app can´t run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher".

I think that the version that i was automatically upgraded to is a 64-bit version that is not compatible with my operating system version.

If so is there a 32-bit version of 6.00? If there is no 32-bit version available there should be no automatic update from 5.106.

Best regards

S-E

VictronConnect
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Win 10 is still available as 32bit version?! I thought 32bit is already dead for a decade or so.

0 Likes 0 ·
sebswe avatar image sebswe Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Windows 10 exists in both 32 and 64-bit versions. Windows 10 will reach end of support on October 14, 2025. The successor Windows 11 is only 64 bit.

The problem for now is that VictronConnect 6.00 will autoupgrade even if the version does not seem to be supported on 32-bit Windows 10. This leaves you in a loop that always ends in VictronConnect not being usable. The version 5.106 should not upgrade if there is no support for 32-bit Windows.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@sebswe

Thanks for reporting. VictronConnect 6.00 indeed isn't supporting Windows 10 32bit anymore.
Same as me the developer wasn't aware that there still is a 32bit Windows 10 Version available.

There will be a VictronConnect Version 5.107 in a few days that will block updating to 6.00 on 32bit systems.

For now you only can install 5.106 and cancel the update on each start.

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solsystem avatar image
solsystem answered ·

I have a similar problem with Victron Connect on my Mac after recent firmware update? The app launches but fails to see my charge controller, hopefully this will be resolved soon.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Sounds like a totally different problem and you already started your own question.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/269227/mppt-charge-controller-not-seen-after-v-60-fw-upda.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources