question

wolle4000 avatar image
wolle4000 asked

Using PYLONTECH and MPPT without using a BMS like Cerbo GX?

I have the following setup:

8x Pylontech US3000C batteries

2x Studer MPPT solar controller

3x STUDER XTM 4000 inverters.

The Pylontech and Studer components are connected together via the BMS port of the Pylontech battery.

Now I would like to expand my system and connect a VIctron MPPT 250/100 solar controller to my Pylontech batteries.

Since the BMS port of the Pylontech is already occupied, I unfortunately cannot connect a Cerbo GX (or similar) to the Pylontech battery.

Can I use the MPPT solar controller WITHOUT Cerbo GX (BMX control) and program the MPPT with the voltage values required for the Pylontechs?

Or is there perhaps a way to connect the Cerbo in addition to the existing Studer BMS?

Many thanks for your help.

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxBMSCCGX Color ControlPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Wolle4000

Yes you can. But be aware that the mppt will follow a float bulk absorption charge cycle (so it's own internal logic) it may not be triggered to rebulk all the time. (I don't know what kind of cycling you are doing.

Keep to the 51v and 52v values as well, use the lithium profile. I think the rebulk offset can also be altered a bit to get it to trigger earlier.

Another thought it makes sure that you aren't overamping in charge current.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.