question

Fideri avatar image
Fideri asked

How to get min and max consumption values on VRM?

Hello Everyone

How do I get the minimum and maximum load values over a given period in the attached or other graph on VRM? I can see the battery min and max but not the consumption min and max.

I'm worried about fridges when their compressors kick in. My system can handle the load averages quite comfortably. I'm not sure about the spikes when compressors kick in. For now, most fridges are off.

As a last resort, I was thinking of fitting an appropriately sized soft starter on my inverter output. So I really need the data.

As background, I have 800ah of BSL Batteries, 1 Cerbo, 3 chargers, 2 inverters in parallel. The system is running smoothly.

Fideri

screenshot-2024-03-vrm.png

cerbo gxvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You can chart the AC output load as an advanced widget, this is unlikely to help you as it is a 1 minute sample, so transients will get lost. Grafana is better at catching some of this as it will chart in seconds, not minutes.

Consumption is about kWh drawn, that won't help you to identify surges.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@nickdb

Good suggestions. I will try them.

F.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Fideri

Multi/Quattro will alarm such starting spikes if they occur to the GX and VRM as 'Overload'. But even then don't report how high they get nor how long they last. They might say 'Cleared after 20s', but that's just a system clearance time for what might be only a mS spike. If you don't see them then you don't have a problem. And even if you do the inverter will ride through them, at that point you can decide whether you need to manage them a little better.

2 comments
2 |3000

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·

Noted thanks. No alarms so far.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Fideri commented ·

If it is transient, it may not log one, but will appear as a thin line on the inverters alarms and warnings widget. Like so.

screenshot-2024-03-10-at-120800.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources