question

portsample avatar image
portsample asked

First start: only 1 of 2 Multiplus II units showing, also getting error #3

Just put power to my system for the first time. The Cerbo is showing only one Multiplus II and reporting error code #3 "Not all, or more than, the expected devices were found in the system." System schematic is below, along with Cerbo screen grabs. Victron brand network cables were used and terminators used at the second Multiplus, the Lynx shunt and the VT-3P75VT. This is a split phase 120/240v system. Suggestions would be highly appreciated.dual-multiplus-ii-dc-grid-connected-2024-02-19.png

pxl-20240309-045433436mp.jpg

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxerror 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you have to program the two multiplus II units so that they are setup as a split phase system. usingh a MK3 usb to VE.Bus converter ???

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Glenn Hollowell

If they are programmed as split phase then the Comms connection from one of them is not good or the unit is still off physically.

Are both on, showing lights etc. the slave showing slave lights?

Can terminators are not used on ve bus. So probably the first thing to remove.

7 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
For future switch off and on use the GX device through the menu instead of the front rockers.
1 Like 1 ·
portsample avatar image portsample commented ·

Thanks Alexandra. Both Multiplus physical switches are "on". Are all of the needed changes at the settings level, or do I need to make hardware adjustments? I only have 3 network terminators in place now: one on the second Multiplus, another the Lynx shunt, and the third on the VT-3P75VT. I'm a noob at this, diligently working through the manuals. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Likes 0 ·
portsample avatar image portsample Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks Matthias. Follow-up question: Can I configure these two units for split phase configuration using settings in the Cerbo-GX, or will I need to use a Victron MK3 to USB dongle connected to a laptop to reprogram the devices? Appreciate your patience.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ portsample commented ·
You need a MK3 interface for that.
1 Like 1 ·
portsample avatar image portsample Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Got one on order. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ portsample commented ·
This really isn’t a system suited to a newbie. Please get someone to help you or at least do the free training. Before it ends in tears.
2 Likes 2 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I am going to close this one off.

The community isn't a substitute for a qualified installer, so please engage with someone accredited for help.

Or, sign up at professional.victronenergy.com for the free online training, all of which will answer these basic questions.

As a victron community we need to encourage right and responsible installation of equipment, so that each user gets a stable and safe system.

Hope you understand.

2 |3000