question

partrg avatar image
partrg asked

Grid setpoint not working?

Hey Everyone,

Have just set up my first Victron ESS system. I set a Grid Set Point of 50W and have noticed the system maintains a very stable ~100W of grid use:

grid-ess.jpg

I also tried dropping the setpoint to zero; but still maintains solid ~100W. I understand that the system doesn't maintain perfect setpoint, but I thought it would be closer than this?

These are the settings in my ESS. Have I got something wrong??

Cheers

ess-page1.jpg

ess-page2.jpg

ess grid setpoint not reached
grid-ess.jpg (50.2 KiB)
ess-page1.jpg (62.7 KiB)
ess-page2.jpg (55.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Just to confirm you dont have any loads on the ACIN side so you're using the internal ct in the inverter to measure the grid?

Normally the internal CT is faster to react than ET112 so I find it tends to be more accurate when using that over the external meter which is odd. Does the behaviour persist even if you turn on loads?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

partrg avatar image partrg commented ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes, using the internal CT to meaure the grid and the data above is with loads on.
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

What @matt1309 said. I too am having issues with it not zeroing out my smartmeter and pulling a fair bit of watts, so before you spend money on a CT check the ve config and then if you have access to a clamp meter put it on the ac input and switch off the load on ac out of that’s how it’s wired, Then see what wattage the unit uses according to the manual it uses 18watts with no load Then branch out from there could be parasitic draw, hope that helps

https://midsummerenergy.co.uk/pdfs/datasheet-multiplus-ii-inverter-charger-en.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

partrg avatar image partrg commented ·
Thanks @Daza . Good idea to check with clamp. I'll report back.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic