question

chr1553l avatar image
chr1553l asked

Multi RS Solar: Inverter Modes and 2-Wire-BMS

Good evening,

for a small project, I am running a Multi RS Solar Single Tracker with the newest firmware and the Victron Connect app. Today, I discovered some weird behaviour and I need some input whether this is intended or an actual bug in the app or in the firmware.

1) Inverter Modes in Victron Connect app
When I switch between the different "Inverter Modes" in the app, not all settings seems to have the desired effect. "On", "Off" and "Inverter Only" are working as intended, "Charger Only" still enables the AC1 Inverter and Passthough seems to do nothing at all but maintaining the last selected mode.
Does "Passthrough" actually intend to disable AC1 completely only supplying the directly connected AC2?
Additionally it would be great to have the option to enable/disable Charger or Inverter via AUX1 and AUX2 providing even more flexibility to the user for some hardware switches.

2) 2-Wire-BMS
In my setup I need "Everything-off", "Everything-on" and "Charger-Only" scenarios (Which, in a perfect world, can be selected via a physical switch). The manual states that the 2-Wire-BMS mode for Remote-H and Remote-L can be used for "allowed to charge" and "allowed to discharge". So I decided to use AUX1 as a safty switch for "Everything-on" and "Everything-of" (which works), but using the 2-Wire-BMS connection seems to be a bit tricky.
As I undstand from the manuals, by connecting Remote-L and Remote-H to either + or - we should be able to enable or disable the Inverter while remaining the charger operational (and vise versa). Unfortunalty, this does not seemt to work. All combinations I have tested so far with Remote-L and Remote-H to eiher + or -, in nearly all scenarios the Inverter stays on. It was not possible to have only the charger working. Additionally, most of the time the app says "Bulk-Charging", but input power is close to zero. (Againg, I tried all possible configurations with battery parameters and the ESS settings in the app aswell)
Now I am asking myself: Is the 2-Wire-BMS not simply + and - but rather analog or digitally coded?
Are the Charger and the Inverter actually the same device and can not be controlled individually?

Does anybody know if it is possible to archive what I am trying to do with my setup? As I am not able to use the AUX inputs for mode-switching, plan B is to setup a small microcontroller for VE.Direct in order to switch the Modes - but as stated in 1) this might also not work as inteded?

I am looking forward to your input

VictronConnectMulti RS2 wire bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Mutli RS Solar Datasheet

Mutli RS Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows