question

fonnie avatar image
fonnie asked

Multiplus II 3000 GX what is needed?

I'm currently thinking of installing an ESS system to an existing Grid connected PV installation.

If I choose the Multiplus II 3000 GX version, what else will I need? (apart from all fuses and cabling)

To control the Multiplus II it seems that the Color Control GX would not be needed, is that correct? Can i connect the Victron connect app without extra hardware?

Only a USB MK3 to configure all the settings?

Do i need extra batterymonitor, batteryprotect, ….? the unit will be working on SLA batteries

best regards

Stefaan

Multiplus-IICCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Fonnie,

You are correct that the GX card inside the MultiPlus-II GX replaces the CCGX in an ESS installation. So you do not require (nor could you use) a CCGX.

It is strongly recommended to have a MK3-USB adapter, though it is possible to use Remote VEConfigure for configuration.

MK3-USB is required for firmware updates to the Inverter/Charger.

You are unlikely to require a battery protect for an ESS installation.

You may require a battery monitor if you have external DC loads or charge sources that are not running through the Multi.

You may require an Energy Meter if you have external AC solar that is not otherwise connected to the GX card. Or External loads that aren't powered off the AC-1 or AC-2 output of the MultiPlus that you wish to balance.

ESS installations are not for beginners, they involve many steps from design, to finished installation. I would very strongly recommend a local installer who has experience with these systems.

Please start here with reading the documentation,

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fonnie avatar image
fonnie answered ·

thank you for the clear answer

2 |3000