question

paulstevenson avatar image
paulstevenson Suspended asked

Victron colour control interface to Fogstar 15.5kw battery

Hello all.

I recently purchase a Fogstar 15kwhr battery to upgrade my old lead acid system on the understanding that it has the victron interface to Battery BMS pre configured as an option using VE Can. I purchased the type B victron cable as noted in the fogstar manual but the colour control on my system (Easy solar) does not recognise the BMS when connected. I now find out that the interface is for a Cerbo GX not colour control. The victron documentation I have read so far indicates that these are both the same VE can bus interface. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have tried to contact Fogstar but not having much luck with a definitive answer at the moment. I also have a Victron BMV battery monitor but didnt want to use this if possible as the active balancing in the battery uses upto 1AH per day so would cause errors in measuring consumption.

Thanks in advance

Paul

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @paulstevenson

Cant give you an answer but might be able to point you in the direction that might. I had a quick look on fogstar and can see the "Fogstar Energy 15.5Kwh 48V Battery" notes it's using the PACE 200A BMS.

I've then search PACE 200A BMS victron to see if there's a manual that advises on how to setup victron integration. Normally would just be swapping a setting to set coms to output in victron supported format.

This guy has a blog on what looks like that BMS. He's a very popular youtuber in a lifepo4 space. Hopefully his explanations/manuals will help resolve the issue:

BMS and Balancer – the Off-Grid-Garage

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paulstevenson avatar image
paulstevenson answered ·

Thanks @matt1309, the information in video resolved my issue. The can bus profile on the victron colour control needs to be set to "Can bus BMS 500 kbit/s" which was not the default setting. All working correctly now cheers.

1 comment
2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Glad you sorted it!
0 Likes 0 ·