question

taildragger avatar image
taildragger asked

New Purchase

My existing inverter, a Xantrex PRO XM 1800, has failed. I am considering a replacement from Victron. Dimensions and connection placements to facilitate the installation are a consideration. Along with the requirement for a Remote Panel to access features.

The unit will be installed in a 12V, 30 Amp Service with existing AC Circuits and DC Panel Connections I am interested in Pure Sine Wave Inverter offering 1600 -2000 operation

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

A 1800W Inverter with 12V/30A?

How should this work?

This give only 360W.

What you would need is a Phoenix 12/2000 or 12/3000, but they need 170A or respective 250A.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

taildragger avatar image
taildragger answered ·

I was asking about the model numbers 1600-2000 (as described on Victron Advertising). My primary interest is gaining an understanding if there is a variety of connection options for wiring not described in advertising. The existing installation is tightly placed in a well and submerged under some cabinetry. The DC connections are at opposite ends of the Inverter from the AC. Original installation didn't include adequate wire length for everyting to meet on one end.

The existing Xantrex provides up to 1800 watts. I falsely presumed the Victron designation indicated ourput range

2 |3000