question

inhabor avatar image
inhabor asked

CCGX showing passthrough before charging battery

Today when I got home my 170ah Renogy battery was on 39%. I left the bus under the trees so the solar panels didn't have any chance to charge the battery. I plugged the bus to the grid to charge the battery with the multiplus compact. After maybe 90 minutes I went to check on the battery and I noticed that it was on 78% but the CCGX was showing PASSTHROUGH. Why the multiplus stopped charging the battery before finishing charging and went into passthrough mode?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Do you have a BMS interfacing with the Multiplus / CCGX?

If the BMS sends a signal to stop charging (for any reason) then the CCGX will indicate that it is in 'PASSTHROUGH' mode.

I also think that you can check the state of the BMS in one of the menus in the CCGX, so I would check this out first.

The fact that its showing PASSTHROUGH means that its still connected to the grid, but the charger has been turned off (rather than the Multiplus 'rejecting' the grid power for some reason).

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

inhabor avatar image inhabor commented ·

This are Renogy batteries the BMS is inside the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ inhabor commented ·

Yes and I assume that the BMS interfaces / communicates with the CCGX or MultiPlus somehow?

0 Likes 0 ·
inhabor avatar image inhabor Mark ♦♦ commented ·

I have no idea. Is not like the Victron battery that has a wire coming out of the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
inhabor avatar image inhabor inhabor commented ·

This thing happened again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Inhabor

a couple of questions:

-do you use ESS?

-is the system online?

-have you set a very low input current limit? (what inverter are you using, and what input current limit)

2 |3000