question

r0li84 avatar image
r0li84 asked

Multiplus 2 - Charging Voltage limited to 53,4V

Hi, I have trouble (occurred recently at a running system) that my Multiplus 2 is not increasing the charging voltage higher than 53,4V.

I've tried everything, incl. new Venus OS versions (multiple Versions). Charge voltage is everywhere set to 56V. Charging from MMPT up to 56V works fine, however the Multiplus lacks!

Could anyone help me out?

534.png

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
534.png (248.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Please give us more details about the system.
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
r0li84 avatar image
r0li84 answered ·

Hi Matthias, I run a MP2/5000 with 2x16s Battery Packs (DIY with JKBMS, connected via SmartShunt and Monitored by SerialBattery - but I tried also already to disconnect SerialBattery from the Victron System on a new VenusOS setup without success). MPPT is an RS450/100. MPPT is charging with 56V like I have defined in my SetUp (ESS, DVCC).

I have the feeling, that this issue happend after I turned ESS - BatteryLife On. However, could not fix it - don't know what it could be. Currently I try to charge manually (from the net) to 100%. Charging stops at 53,4V.

Pylontech Workarround is already installed (thought this could be a reasons) - however it also did not work out!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

Is it possible to have activated by mistake "Scheduled charging" as shown on the display?

And maybe that 53.4V to be in fact the corresponding voltage for an 87% limited charge set in the "Scheduled charging"??

2 |3000

r0li84 avatar image
r0li84 answered ·

Scheduled charging is active, as I wanted to understand the reason for slow charging by the Multiplus that I have noticed during the day. I have already seen that charging never goes up to 70A as it should. It was always at much lower voltage.

I really don't know where the 53,4V come frome. I have done a complete new VenusOS setup, checked VECONFIG and all device settings in VictronConnect. Nothing indicates the 53,4V!

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
What Batteries? it is the more information we need. So e systems are limited by BMS can connection.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Pescaru avatar image Alex Pescaru Alexandra ♦ commented ·

He answered 13 hours ago what batteries...

2x16s Battery Packs (DIY with JKBMS, connected via SmartShunt and Monitored by SerialBattery)

0 Likes 0 ·
r0li84 avatar image
r0li84 answered ·

Its really weird. I restarted the Multiplus via switch (done several times before), but since the last time it seems to work, again. However now Aggregatebattery (even if BMS Control is set to off) interferes to my setup.

I may go for a clean setup without any of those community scripts. They interfere too much into the system. Could it be, that some "BMS settings" are stored within the Hardware Configuration?

3 comments
2 |3000

ardje avatar image ardje commented ·
Did you configure the multiplus using veconfigure?

You can download the file using vrm and then edit the config.
I mean, you must have, because else you can't use ess I guess...
I would check the settings in the multiplus itself too (using veconfigure), these settings are not exposed in the cerbo gx. My MP2 defaulted on a leadacid battery type.
It's the part that says enable charging and the type of battery.
Also the battery itself should declare what the SoC is, as someone correctly said that your battery is in a scheduled charge mode.

0 Likes 0 ·
r0li84 avatar image r0li84 ardje commented ·
Hi, checked and serveral time made slight changes (in order that existing settings will be overwritten). Hower, it dit not really change anything.

Behaviour is still weird. I think that this AggregateBattery Script as well as SerialBattery is impacting the system quite more than mostly everyone understands... I will try to get rid of this tools, however i like the monitoring of the cell voltage...

0 Likes 0 ·
kenzo avatar image kenzo r0li84 commented ·
You should still be able too see any settings that serialbattery might interfere with; for example, it will set your CVL based on cell voltage multiplied by number of cells. However that’s visible in the „virtual“ battery’s parameters. Do you recall playing with those values, so is it possible it was set at some point in time? If so, I have seen before that a parameter that changed looked changed in the remote console, but that wasn’t actually reflected in the Multiplus until a reset. Anyway be sure to check all places to validate your configuration.
0 Likes 0 ·