question

fonzy1983 avatar image
fonzy1983 asked

remote device control

good morning everyone, I recently installed a Victron system with various components including the Smart shunt. I would like to be able to change the parameters (SOC alarm activation percentage) even when I am remote and therefore not in Bluetooth. Does a system already exist or do I need to install other third-party components? thank you all.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

You need to have a monitoring device installed that runs the Victron Venus OS such as a Victron Cerbo GX or Victron Ekrano GX or for a more DIY approach a Raspberry Pi with Venus OS installed. All your components connect to this monitoring device, which then connects to your router or use the Victron GX LTE 4G cellular modem. You can then connect remotely from your phone using the VE Connect app.

The monitoring device then needs to be configured as per Section 7 of the Cerbo GX manual.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
@pwfarnell

Excuse my being pedantic but as far as I know, "VE Connect" app doesn't exist. There is the "VRM" app and the "VictronConnect" app which also has a VRM page.

Which did you mean ?

Fideri

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell Fideri commented ·
You are right, simple mistype, Victron Connect is what I meant
0 Likes 0 ·