question

mihair avatar image
mihair asked

Remote Console stopped working

Hi

Today Remote Console stopped working. Everything else is OK, I can see updates coming at 1 min interval.

I can not access remote the site nor reboot the ccgx. Is it something wrong with VRM?

Thanks,

Mihai

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

What version CCGX firmware is this?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mihair avatar image mihair commented ·

Latest, v2.22

0 Likes 0 ·
mariowagner avatar image mariowagner commented ·

this behaviour was already to be seen sporadically in previous versions. the reverse ssh connection won't come up again (QT Vnc-server can still be reached on port 5900). I've seen this with slower 3G connections.

0 Likes 0 ·
mihair avatar image mihair mariowagner commented ·

It is not from low speed connection as I can see remotely my h.264 IP camera at full hd resolution

It is very frustrating not being able to remote control the site!

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I had noticed this problem also. After a reboot it started to work normally again. Easy for me because it is my site at home.
There is nobody on site who can reboot it for you?

2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

yes, I have also seen this behavior.

For me, a reboot is a problem, because of the DC consumption is then not longer shown in my VRM graphs.

You can avoid a reboot, in just toggling language. This will restart the gui and solve the issue too.

Markus

5 comments
2 |3000

mihair avatar image mihair commented ·

Thanks Markus.

I can not toggle language because I am at 300Km away from the site. Unfortunately it will stay in this state until wee

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ mihair commented ·

Yes, unfortunately. It is only an alternative instead to reboot, it has to be done locally. :o(

0 Likes 0 ·
mihair avatar image mihair markus ♦♦ commented ·

It is very strange that this vital service is not watchdogged and automatically restarted when goes south ...

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

@Izak (Victron Energy Staff)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mihair commented ·

It is watchdogged.

And indeed it shouldn’t be like this. I’ll come back on it.

Can I ask you to stop tagging Izak? His work is to develop products. Not to read all sorts here on community. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
mihair avatar image mihair mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Matthijs,

I will not call Itzac again here, sorry.

If it helps, portal id is b827eb76fff4

Thank you,

mihai

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter Polz avatar image
Peter Polz answered ·

@MihaiR in your situation the only thing to fix it, is to manualy restart it. My Personaly that have more problems like that with WiFi Connections than Lan

2 |3000

vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

Had a frozen Remote console tonight too. Will keep an eye on it.
I was thinking about a simple "scheduled reset".
Would it cause troubles if I simply use a timer and disconnect/reconnect the venus power supply every night at a specific time? A bit of "the hard way" I know...

4 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Can one of you, next time it happens, ping me here and let me know vrm url?

Make sure remote support is on & up (the remote support port number should be visible on the vrm diagnostics page & in the gui - but looking at the gui might be difficult :-)

UPDATE: and then do not reboot the unit. Let the problem remain so a colleague or I can check what really the issue is. I’ll try to be fast after receiving the email.

0 Likes 0 ·
sprinter2072 avatar image sprinter2072 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader

VRM URL https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/21085/dashboard

currently in not working state after working regularly. no network changes, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ole Saether avatar image Ole Saether mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader Happened to me today. IP-address is the same as it has been for several days. VRM updates are ok and I can log in to other devices on my site. Installation: 20621

As you know, I have custom services running so don't spend any time on this unless you get other reports. I will drive to my site tomorrow anyway and see if a restart help.

EDIT: Back online now!

0 Likes 0 ·
sprinter2072 avatar image sprinter2072 commented ·

good idea, mine seems to connect everything up on restart (including wireless). One time it duplicated one of my two solar chargers. I wasn't sure why as I didn't disconnect/reconnect anything. If this happened regularly then hard restart would be a problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
sprinter2072 avatar image
sprinter2072 answered ·

@mvader I having the same problem right now. 15 minutes ago, I could connect from my PC to the remote console. Then for whatever reason, it stopped working. Yesterday I couldn't connect but last week I could. It's been intermittent and the only thing I can think of is I did physically unplug the power and reconnect this morning. Maybe that puts in a state where it works for a while until some unknown condition is hit. Portal ID is 985dadcaf3fo if want to take a look.

3 comments
2 |3000

sprinter2072 avatar image sprinter2072 commented ·

Portal ID is 985dadcaf3f0 - mistyped last digit.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ sprinter2072 commented ·

Hi @sprinter2072 we identified a problem with the Remote Console relay server: its out of cpu resources; which might lead to this occasional problem. Its beeing solved in the coming days; lets await that.

If the issue arises after Friday; then let me know. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like 1 ·
mihair avatar image mihair mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I have the issue again. If you wanna investigate here is my portal id: b827eb76fff4

I will not reset the RPI running latest VenusOS till the end of the week. If you can do it remotely after investigation i would be grateful, me being unable to reach the site until wee

Now is working again :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
masi avatar image
masi answered ·

It happen for me any time when the IP network is changed(monthly). I can solve it by local reset of CCGX. Any way to do it remotly? (all data-dashboard and advanced parameters still update as per scheduled). I like to see that solved under CCGX soft, otherwise I need to install a remote control for restarting of CCGX's power.

2 |3000