question

Mihai avatar image
Mihai asked

VictronConnect Linux Appimage v6.00beta.. not starting

Hello,

I'm trying to run the v6.00beta but nothing happens. No error output message and I'm just getting back the prompt. I've tried the last two beta9 and beta10 files and same behavior...

The previous v5.103 starts and works just fine.

What could be the difference in v6.00?

Later edit:

The current beta11 Appimage outputs "Aborted (core dumped)". Here are the final lines of the /tmp/VictronConnect.log:

[VRGMBC] "0x0383" "0x0383" "VE_REG_BATTERY_MID_POINT_DEVIATION" "sn16" | Size 2 Bytes
[VRGMBC] "0xEC7F" "0xEC7F" "VE_REG_BLE_RSSI" "sn16" | Size 2 Bytes
[VRGMBC] "0xEE0E" "0xEE0E" "VE_REG_BMV_H15" "" | Size 0 Bytes
[VRGMBC] "0xE406" "0xE406" "VE_REG_VEBUS_LED_FLOAT" "un8" | Size 1 Bytes
qt.core.qobject.connect: QObject::connect(QObject, Unknown): invalid nullptr parameter
qt.core.qobject.connect: QObject::connect(QObject, Unknown): invalid nullptr parameter
FATAL 2024-02-14T22:31:48.966 This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.

Thank you!

Regards

VictronConnectlinux
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hi @Mihai

What platform/distro are you trying to run VictronConnect on? And is this running natively or perhaps in a virtual machine?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Mihai avatar image Mihai Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi @Thiemo van Engelen

I was trying to run the app on my main Linux machine, so no virtualization involved...

Here is some relevant information:

Operating System: Linux Mint 21.2
Kernel: Linux 5.15.0-92-generic
Architecture: x86-64

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Mihai

0 Likes 0 ·
9 Answers
elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

5.97 is the last one that works for me on Ubuntu 22.04

Ver 6 beta 9 produces

/tmp/.mount_VictroDDQruw//bin/VictronConnect: error while loading shared libraries: libQtBluetoothLocal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mihai avatar image Mihai commented ·

Hi,

Exactly the same for me too (ver. 6, beta 9):

$ cat /tmp/VictronConnect.log
/tmp/.mount_VictrogrLeln//bin/VictronConnect: error while loading shared libraries: libQtBluetoothLocal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoy

Regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Yager avatar image
Mike Yager answered ·

I am also have the same problems. The last one i could run with out any problems is 5.99 [Ubutntu / mint]

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi all,

We have found that the v6.00beta## AppImages are missing some libraries and hope to have this fixed in VictronConnect v6.00beta11.

Thank you all for reporting this issue.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff)

Ver 6 Beta 11 Error

qt.core.qobject.connect: QObject::connect(QObject, Unknown): invalid nullptr parameter FATAL 2024-02-18T21:32:38.474 This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.
2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Can you perhaps try the latest v6.00beta12? We have made some more changes to the creation of the AppImage.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

12 comments
2 |3000

Mihai avatar image Mihai commented ·

Hello,

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me.

When running the beta12 AppImage the output in terminal is "Aborted (core dumped)"

Here are the last few lines of the VictronConnect.log:

[VRGMBC] "0x0202" "0x0202" "VE_REG_REMOTE_CONTROL_USED" "un32" | Size 4 Bytes
[VRGMBC] "0x1079" "0x1079" "VE_REG_HISTORY_CYCLE09" "bytearray52" | Size 52 Bytes
[VRGMBC] "0x1101" "0x1101" "VE_REG_NETWORK_IPV4_ADDRESS" "bytearray4" | Size 4 Bytes
FATAL 2024-02-28T20:44:37.194 This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.

Thank you for trying to fix it.

Regards.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,

That is unfortunate to hear. This libraries.txt is a list of libraries that are loaded when I run the v6.00beta12 AppImage under Ubuntu 22.04 in virtual. Perhaps you can check whether these are all also available on your system?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
libraries.txt (4.0 KiB)
Mihai avatar image Mihai Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi

I've manually checked every library in the file and the following were missing on my machine:

libxcb-cursor.so.0

swrast_dri.so

libpulsecommon-15.99.so

I've installed the first one with: "sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0" and surprise, now it works :)

Later edit: When I click to connect on my device the app crashes. I'm getting this final line in the log:

"FATAL 2024-02-29T17:47:11.083 QtMultimedia is not currently supported on this platform or compiler."

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Mihai

Good to hear that it is now working for you. We will see what we can do to make this requirement more clear.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff),

I'm not sure what you mean by "make this requirement more clear".

It's a big step forward as the app is starting now, but still not usable since connecting to the "target" fails and crashes the app.

Hope you'll be able to figure out what's wrong. We're here to test and do our best to help :)

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Mihai

What is meant is the requirement on what libraries need to be installed on the system.

Regarding VictronConnect crashing: Did you also install the other missing libraries?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Unfortunately, I cannot install the two remaining ones: "swrast_dri.so" and "libpulsecommon-15.99.so".

I tried different things but my Linux knowledge is limited. Mesa utils and Pulse audio systems seem to work well on my computer and there's nothing left to install from what I see...

BTW, I noticed that the app crashes even when trying to open a "demo" product. Last few lines of the VictronConnec.log:

WARN  2024-03-05T17:33:52.019 [VRGTLR] publish VREG has no associated path: "142"
WARN  2024-03-05T17:33:52.020 [VRGTLR] publish VREG has no associated path: "142"
WARN  2024-03-05T17:34:05.939 qml: ------>enter demo screen :/settings_files/demos/inverters_chargers/MultiPlus-II_48_5000_70_50_2623.vcsf 9763
WARN  2024-03-05T17:34:05.949 could not load multimedia backend ""
FATAL 2024-03-05T17:34:05.949 QtMultimedia is not currently supported on this platform or compile

Regards,

Mihai

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Mihai

The problem is the following line:

WARN  2024-03-05T17:34:05.949 could not load multimedia backend ""
FATAL 2024-03-05T17:34:05.949 QtMultimedia is not currently supported on this platform or compile

It tries to load the QtMultimedia library / plugin, but this requires certain Linux libraries and it terminates (quite rigorously) when it cannot load the library/plugin. Attached is libraries2.txt which contains another list of libraries that are loaded when I run a development VictronConnect on my (virtual) linux. Perhaps this contains some more libraries that are missing?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
libraries2.txt (676 B)

Hi,

I checked all the libraries in the file you provided and for the following three of them I get no output (using ldconfig -p option):

libcanberra-gtk-module.so

libvfscommon.so

libvfsdbus.so

Trying to install "sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk-module" sais that "libcanberra-gtk-module is already the newest version (0.30-10ubuntu1.22.04.1)"

Trying to install "sudo apt-get install gvfs-common" sais that "gvfs-common is already the newest version (1.48.2-0ubuntu1)"

Regarding "libvfsdbus", I wasn't able to find much information...

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Mihai

Do you also have gstreamer installed?

apt-get install libgstreamer1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-libav gstreamer1.0-tools gstreamer1.0-x gstreamer1.0-alsa gstreamer1.0-gl gstreamer1.0-gtk3 gstreamer1.0-qt5 gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi,

There were only two missing and I installed them:

gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly and gstreamer1.0-libav

That triggered more packages to be installed, but in the end still no luck with VictronConnect app (same output in the log...)

0 Likes 0 ·
elvis avatar image elvis commented ·

Victron Connect V6 Beta 12.

Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

[VRGMBC] static QHash<short unsigned int, VeRegModbusCodec::VeRegProps> VeRegModbusCodec::loadVeRegPropsFromJson(QString) From ":/ext/shared-definitions/json/vregs.json"

qt.core.qobject.connect: QObject::connect(QObject, Unknown): invalid nullptr parameter FATAL 2024-02-28T19:37:03.657 This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.
0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Yager avatar image
Mike Yager answered ·

Just curious, I ran the "sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0"

and sure enough, it worked!!!!

v6.00 beta12 on Mint (Ubuntu)

Thanks guys!!!

-----

Well it starts up...... it stays running IF you don't do anything...

it shows my (local) devices, but if you click any of them.....it crashes....

making progress.... :)

----------------]

added ......

WARN 2024-02-29T19:03:54.399 qrc:/qml/AssembledFeatureHighlights.qml: No such file or directory
WARN 2024-02-29T19:15:55.691 [VEIBLE] Device discovery already active, doing nothing!
WARN 2024-02-29T19:15:55.826 could not load multimedia backend ""
FATAL 2024-02-29T19:15:55.826 QtMultimedia is not currently supported on this platform or compiler.

-----

Also willing to 'try other' things...

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Mike Yager

Can you perhaps go through the list of libraries I posted in a reply to Mihai and see if they are all available on your system?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Yager avatar image
Mike Yager answered ·

@Mihai

well lets try again...

i type so slow that the website time out

i happy i can type.... a stroke does that to ya

mike@XXXXX:~/Downloads$ sudo apt list libxcb-cursor*
sudo apt list swrast*
sudo apt list libpul*
[sudo] password for mike:
Listing... Done
libxcb-cursor-dev/jammy 0.1.1-4ubuntu1 amd64
libxcb-cursor0/jammy,now 0.1.1-4ubuntu1 amd64 [installed]
Listing... Done
Listing... Done
libpulse-dev/jammy-updates,now 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 amd64 [installed]
libpulse-dev/jammy-updates 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 i386
libpulse-java/jammy,jammy 2.4.7-2 all
libpulse-jni/jammy 2.4.7-2 amd64
libpulse-mainloop-glib0/jammy-updates,now 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 amd64 [installed]
libpulse-mainloop-glib0/jammy-updates 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 i386
libpulse-ocaml-dev/jammy 0.1.4-1build1 amd64
libpulse-ocaml/jammy 0.1.4-1build1 amd64
libpulse0/jammy-updates,now 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 amd64 [installed]
libpulse0/jammy-updates,now 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 i386 [residual-config]
libpulsedsp/jammy-updates,now 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 amd64 [installed]
libpulsedsp/jammy-updates 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2.1 i386
First one that start the app.. i installed it, boom it works...

#2,#3 They are audio apps ?

so... when i see this, i stop

My background is in HW/ processor-ish

When i saw your (Victron) has a inverter / charger... with a 68k I'm sold !

---

I don't say no, but more like a "are you sure?" :D

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Mike Yager

It is not completely clear to me whether VictronConnect now starts or not and whether you can do anything in VictronConnect or not.

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Yager avatar image
Mike Yager answered ·

hi.

I start app

NO other button are pressed

It will stay running indefinitely.

BUT if I press a button i crushes.

victron001.png

well figure out, there is enough people here that give a darn.

Its a "Flat pack"? I think its how you setup the environment.

https://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-running-targets.html

victron001.png (110.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Mihai avatar image
Mihai answered ·

Hello all,

Just tested the v6.00 release version of the Linux Appimage and surprise: It works!

No crashing when connecting to the device.

Very nice work, thank you!

Regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi

Good to hear that everything is working and thank you for your patience and cooperation.

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows