question

notmyrealname avatar image
notmyrealname asked

VictronConnect on Linux not seeing any devices

Hi

I have a laptop running Ubuntu-Mate 22.04 onto which I have loaded the VictronConnect AppImage which runs fine but cannot see any Victron devices. The devices show on my phone OK.

I've check the premissions and have tried debugging using bluetoothctl but can't find any reason for it not to work.

The laptop connects to "normal" BT devices such as headphones and speakers without issue, it's just the Victron app that won't play ball.

If anyone has any idea as to where I should look or what settings I should check/change please let me know.

Many thanks.

VictronConnectlinux
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@NotMyRealName

Moved to modifications. The Linux mob hang out there

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
notmyrealname avatar image
notmyrealname answered ·

Found the source of my problem; the built-in bluetooth device in my laptop is too old and not compatible with the "modern" bluetooth interface on the Victron systems.

Added a USB bluetooth 4.0 dongle (very cheap from eBay) to my laptop and I can now see Victron devices and it now all works as it should.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic