question

danielson89 avatar image
danielson89 asked

Storage Mode First Time

Hi All,

Sorry for all the questions, very new to Victron.

I’ve got the RS Multi 450/6000/100

It’s been running for about 2 weeks now, I recently added 8 more batteries to the 8 batteries already had so 16 total. I removed 4 because they were low in voltage (my fault for not checking brand new batteries). It was discovered 15 minutes after connecting I heard them sizzling away. I’ve checked all the batteries that are connected now and they are all at around 13.6 except 3 of them they are sitting on 13.5ish which is odd. Today the unit went into storage mode? It’s grid connected and I’ve run those batteries down to around 58% in the last 2 days. Any idea why storage mode was activated?

I’ve always only seen: BULK > Absorption > Float

Thanks

battery charginggridvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DanielSon89

Check your Storage voltage. It is settable with some profiles.

And storage mode may be because you had floated for a while? You are right though it is usually 24hours in float before storage used to activate. So interesting.

It is a feature of adaptive charging. I guess you know this already Storage mode is to reduce unnecessary off-gassing on lead acid batteries (float voltage is high enough to cause some off-gassing)

You older batteries may not have due to higher internal resistance leading to higher self discharge?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic