question

danielson89 avatar image
danielson89 asked

AC Grid voltage tiny movement on RS Multi

Hi All,

After a small battery issue yesterday I've been staring at the VRM for like 4 hours now watching it like a hawk. I've noticed this before this bubbling battery issue, but why does the AC Grid voltage fluctuate between -5, -4, -3, -2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 watt? is it just interference or something should I be worried about it.

* If you are wondering battery issue, I purchased 8 brand new Hybrid Gel SLA batteries yesterday and stupid enough I forgot to multi-meter the voltage turns out four of those "brand new" batteries from the shop had 11v rest had 13.1v and they were making funny popping, sizzling noises inside. I did have a massive whinge at the shop owner. saying are you trying to blow me up. He said they won't blow, just wack them on a charger overnight if they don't come back up bring them back and I'll swap them over and test each battery out of the box.

Note they were fresh out of the box, cut the sticky tape and everything.

battery charginggridvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DanielSon89

FYI building a battery bank to 48v using 12v batteries it is best practice to charge them up fully as individuals first before installation.

Second good practice move it's to have balancers in the system as well as making sure the interlinks are decent size.

Third good practice item is bank rotate.

The grid point fluctuation I can comment on I don't have it on my system, it is possible that without a stable bank it may be an issue. But can't say for sure. It may just be that it has always been there but your incident with the battery has made you hyper aware of everything now.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic