question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

Do I use BMV-712, with Starter battery, or Smart Battery Sense?

I am trying to figure out how to have on the BM-712 the starter battery and the temperature of the house battery

Could i used the starter battery as input to the BM-712 and create a VE. Smart networking to add the battery temp with a Smart Battery Sense?

i am looking to buy a SmartSolar Charger in the coming month.

So objective would be to monitor the Starter battery of the truck and have the SmartSolar Charger and the BMV-712 to optimize the charging with the Smart Battery Sense

tks for your input and help

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, I recommend to use the Smart Battery Sense for the starter battery. Dont connect it to the BMV or the Solar charger over bluetooth; just keep it separate, and for starter battery only.

And use the BMV-712 including its temperature sensor on your main battery; and make a VE.Smart network between that and the smart solar charger.

There will be many dealers that are also able to advise on this in more detail if necessary.

Success!

Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

Tks .. that what I will do... this way the BMV-712 will optimize the charging process

2 |3000