question

caca avatar image
caca asked

3 smart battery sense in 24v system

hi,I have 24v system with 2x 230Ah super cycle and a smart phoenix charger. is it posible to put 3 smart battery senses, tw oon each battery just to control voltage and temperature and the third one on both battery in 24v conection to conect to charger to optimize charging? thank you y

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Caca, I think it's important to note that the Smart BatterySense does not "control" voltage or temperature, it only reports voltage and temperature to a device capable of receiving and interpreting it. If your two batteries are connected in series to achieve your 24v bank, then I would connect one Smart BatterySense to the bank as a whole and it will report that data back to the Smart Phoenix charger (after being connected to it via a small VE.Smart Network) and the charger will optimize its performance based on the data reported back to it by the Smart BatterySense. The temperature readings will be a bit off, since you can only attach the SBS to a single battery, but the difference between the two, assuming they're in series, should be negligible. A second or third SBS will -by my understanding of the device- be entirely unnecessary in this configuration.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

caca avatar image
caca answered ·

Taknks for answer , I agree with that. The only reason why would I put other two sensors seperatly on each battery is to have and indication of battery temperature and voltage because it is in seperate boxes. In this way if one battery is overheating I would see it.

From my ponit of wiew for victron it would be good to have option to pair sensors.for example for big system where are 2v cell batteries, in that way you would be able to monitor each battery.

Just sharing thoughts

Regards

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual