question

kodax avatar image
kodax asked

Can I use the Cerbo relay output directly into the remote control of charger/inverter?

My Phoenix IP43 charger and Phoenix 1200/12 inverter have a remote control input that can be connected to a switch for remote on/off.

Can I connect the two relay outputs on my Cerbo GX directly to them, so I can switch them on/off with the Cerbo?

cerbo gxRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Yes you can do this, remove the loop of wire from the remote terminals and connect them to the common and normally open terminals on the Cerbo relays. Then in the Cerbo set the relays to manual operation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kodax avatar image
kodax answered ·

Excellent, I'll try that. Thanks!

I'll guess the current used in these remote control loops is very low, i.e. a very thin cabke can be used?

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
Yes, just make sure it is well supported if it is thin, you are more interested in it being mechanically sound. Use 1.0 or 1.5mm2 so that it is robust.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources