question

doug70 avatar image
doug70 asked

Can Victron Multi RS Solar 2 Tracker Inverter/Charger be used on AC input only

Hi

I am building a 48v lifepo4 battery for my motorhome. I am also changing to the Victron Multi RS Solar 2 Tracker Inverter/Charger 48v. I have access to both solar already installed and an AC supply.

Can I connect my panels and my AC input, and power all my appliances whilst I am waiting for my battery cells to arrive from China?

rs inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

No (almost) all Victron products need a battery to run properly.

You will run into problems without battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

From inverter point of view, when you have loads (or outputs) that you are unable to control, then no, you can't function without battery. The battery is that thing that will supply the energy during transitory periods.

In the future, when the inverter will be able to function in feed-in only mode, you will see that the battery will be optional. Why? Because then the transitory loads will be compensated by the "infinite" reserve of the grid and the inverter only supplies what and when is considered needed, using only those 350 joules of energy reserve stored in the DC Bus capacitors.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic