question

jfraizz avatar image
jfraizz asked

276 Grid Lost

Have a MultiPlus II and Cerbo GX color control. Working flawlessly until three weeks ago when I disconnected the inverter for about a week. After reconnecting via the disconnect switch, it began running as normal but I am now getting the grid lost alarm on the Cerbo and VRM, however no grid is or was connected. After clearing the alarm in VRM, it alarms again within a few minutes and will repeatedly alarm even when the alarms haven’t been cleared. Still, there is no grid to show as lost. Searching this forum shows some examples like mine but I haven’t seen a resolution yet. I know the alarm can be disabled but looking for the root cause of the alarm….Any help?

gridalarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
CM avatar image
CM answered ·

goto settings, system setup and uncheck monitor for grid failure

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jfraizz avatar image
jfraizz answered ·

Yes, that will disable monitoring but there must be a problem causing this. I want to make sure when I’m plugged in I can be alerted if the grid goes down. Could draw down batteries quick if not alerted. I’d like to know what could be causing this grid lost alarm. Thanks for your help!

1 comment
2 |3000

CM avatar image CM commented ·
Disable that option , goto alarm rules and create an alarm on grid input voltage, and you still get alerted when there’s no grid , that’s how I run my grid notifications as that monitor for grid failure seems to not work optimally
0 Likes 0 ·
jfraizz avatar image
jfraizz answered ·
That does sound like a good workaround. I’m wondering what internal problem may be causing the alarm, like a bad relay….or, is there a bug in the firmware?
2 |3000

jfraizz avatar image
jfraizz answered ·

I guess I’m a bit obsessed on this one!

4 comments
2 |3000

CM avatar image CM commented ·
Probably a bug, disable it first and see if it still pops up
0 Likes 0 ·
jfraizz avatar image jfraizz CM commented ·
Thank you… What is it that I should disable? Not sure what that means but I’m willing to try anything!

0 Likes 0 ·
jfraizz avatar image jfraizz jfraizz commented ·
I did disable the monitor for grid failure. It does not pop up if I do that.
1 Like 1 ·
CM avatar image CM jfraizz commented ·

You can then use alarm rules and set notifications for when grid is out, that’s how I have had mine setup for near a decade now

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic