question

henk-rademeyer avatar image
henk-rademeyer asked

Pylontech up5000 stops charging at 93%

My pylontech up5000 is stopping charge at 93% temp at 30c CCL drops tobzero at 93soc

I installed latest firmware on cerbo but still the problem it there

screenshot-20240119-115138-vrm.jpg

battery chargingPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Henk Rademeyer

Just a word of caution. Update all components if you update. Don't half and half it.

That is what the battery is reporting shown on the widget.

When it has. CCL of 0A it is telling the system not to charge.

The SOC thing not reaching 100% seems to be a pylontec thing. This is not the first post I have seen about it recently.

You do t show what voltage it has reached I assume the usual 52v? That is programmed in according to recommendations?

Further down the page.... FAQ.

The issue normally resolves over time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henk-rademeyer avatar image
henk-rademeyer answered ·

So it seems that the battery gets a cell inbalance at around 91% the difference between highest and lowest gets to 0.2 volt but the charger/battery voltage is about 51.2 it then takes 2.5 hours of balancing then it goes to 52.47 and and 97% and charge normal till 100%

This is a new behavior it usually got stuck at 89 but was taking full charge and then after a while the soc jumped a bit and everything charged normal, but now it stop taking full charge and take long to balance

To get it past 91 I had to turn off dvcc from bms and put voltage to 52.8 and then it quickly balanced soc went up and I then returned bms control this took around 5min, but after battery discharge it gets stuck at 91 and takes the 2.5 hours to balance.

Should I maby change the charger settings from 51 to maby 52?

Could something happened in firmware as i was at 3.12 now 3.13

2 |3000