question

Brandon avatar image
Brandon asked

MultiPlus-II not going into float when Pylontech batteries are charged

Hey guys,

So I am trying to workout why my Multi stays in absorption mode (when batteries are 100% SoC), sits at roughly 28V constantly and never goes into float mode. I would like the batteries to sit at a lower voltage over long periods, around the 26.5V-27V to prolong the life of the batteries, even if I lose a few percent.

I have DVCC turned on in my Cerbo.

Setup:

-2 x Pylontech UP2500 batteries - Nominal Voltage: 25.6V

-Smart Solar MPPT 150/100 (Not yet operating as no PV array hooked up yet)

-MultiPlus-II

-Cerbo GX

This is going to be an off-grid system but until I install my PV array I just have mains plugged in at all times.

Current Multi configuration:

-Absorption Voltage: 27.8V - As per the Voctron/Pylontech setup guide for 8S LiFePo4.

-Float Voltage: 27V

-Absorption time: 1 Hr

-Lithium mode on.

-Fixed charge curve.

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

That's how ESS works, anyway the system will ultimately do what the BMS tells it to do.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Brandon As nickdb says it is controlled by the pylon bms if you have hooked it up with the comms.

If they are new it is not unusual for them to sit in absorption until they have worked out their internal balancing.

0 Likes 0 ·