question

ddim0313 avatar image
ddim0313 asked

Lithium-ion battery settings via victronconnect app

Hi Guys,

I am quite new to this and I really need your help. I am running a 12v 200AH Lithium-ion battery with 150Amps BMS on SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 solar charge controller. I am trying to figure out which settings to use for this battery. Unfortunately, the only preset battery settings that I can see in the Victronconnect app related to Lithium batteries is for Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) battery. This is not necessarily the best settings for a Lithium-ion battery, but I cannot make up which of the settings I REALLY need to change so this preset becomes suitable for Lithium-ion batteries - voltages from 14.4 to 14.6 and from 13.5 to 13.6, absorption time from 2 hours to 30 mins, etc. ? I have found many suggestion online, but I really cannot make up which ones to take and which ones to ignore. All suggestions will be deeply appreciated!

Many thanks in advance for your help!

MPPT SmartSolarLithium BatteryVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

If none of the pre-sets are suitable for your particular battery then make a custom charge profile using the battery manufacture's own specs. With Connect you can even play around with various setting using its built in Demo Library.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.