question

rgrver avatar image
rgrver asked

Use 2 phones with same MPPT?

I have a Samsung S5 phone with the VictronConnect app that works well with my MPPT 75-15 via Bluetooth. Installed VC on an iPhone7, but the MPPT doesn't show when I start VC. The Samsung was turned off when I tried the iPhone.

Is it possible to use 2 different phones at different times to connect to the same MPPT? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ralph

MPPT SmartSolarVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@RgRVer

Yes it is. We have about four phones in our household checking one mppt. They are all android based however. So the issue is most likely on the iphone side.

Check if the blue tooth is working on the iphone?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

A few weeks ago a costumer had a similar problem with his iPad.
Bluetooth was enabled but VictonConnect didn't have access to it.
Take a look at the app settings.

2 |3000

rgrver avatar image
rgrver answered ·

Thanks for the confirmation multiple phones should work..

Bluetooth was ON when my initial test failed. Never had actually made a BT connection with the phone, however. Today I connected to a BT speaker OK. Went out to my camper and tried connecting to my MPPT. Eureka it works! Maybe the speaker test allowed VC to work?

Thanks for your help!

2 |3000