question

mnentwig avatar image
mnentwig asked

Victron 200Ah LiFePO4 - cell balancing

Hello,

I have 2 Victron 200Ah LiFePO4 Smart connected in series to a 24V System. After a couple of charging cycles to 100% SoC with my Multiplus 24/3000/70 I see via Victron Connect App that the 1st Bat (connected to Minus of Multiplus) has a perfect cell balancing. It has 3,37 / 3,36 / 3,36 / 3,37V so 1 mV max difference. The 2nd Bat which is connected to plus of the 1st Bat and Plus of the Multiplus is not well balanced. It shows 3,38 / 3,34 / 3,36 / 3,38 so 4 mv difference. I applied the method described in the Bat owners manual: charging w/ const current < 2,0A until Bat reaches 14,2 V. 14,2 V were reached after 1.5 hours. Balancing state at the end of this procedure was 3,53 / 3,55 / 3,59 / 3,59V so 6mv hence no success. Any idea what I have to do can do? Thanks for any hints.

Michael

Lithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Please repeat the individual stand alone charging of the batteries with a 12V charger (2h Absorbtion at 14,2Vdc) and prevent a deep discharge (as thats contributing to unbalance)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mnentwig avatar image
mnentwig answered ·

Thanks, Johannes. Just started it a minute ago. I bought the batteries, put them together to a 24V bank in a test setup at home to charge them right after purchase and from then onwards on a monthly basis to bridge time until they will go into my truck which is now. So so far they have never been deep discharged. However they have also never been charged at my end as a 12V standalone set-up. Let's see if it works if I do 2h absorption. Last time I did only 1h. I will post the result.

2 |3000

mnentwig avatar image
mnentwig answered ·

Johannes, after 4h absorption at 14,2V dc the balancing looks as follows. Balancing seems not work on this Battery. My second Battery is perfectly fine. Any idea what I can do or what could be wrong on this Battery. Thanks, Michael

2 |3000