question

fetch avatar image
fetch asked

Parallel Phoenix Inverters Stopped Working

Hi Everyone.

I got called out to look at a non functioning system on a visiting vessel. The boat has 2 Phoenix 24/3000 120VAC inverters in parallel with a Cerbo and Touch 50. This is an existing system that was working without any issues until now.

Both units are getting the correct DC voltage. The switch state on the Touch 50 was set to off. When I turned it on, the master unit inverted, but the slave was flashing the Inverting LED, indicating a possible VE Bus fault. I tested the RJ45 cables and they were good. When the units were disconnected form the VE Bus, and turned on independently, they would function independently as stand alone units. When I connected them to the VE bus, the issues came back. The software version for the units was v155.

I separated the units and updated the software on both to the lates version. I turned both units off to prepare to do the parallel configuration, but the (old)master would not turn back on. I have disconnected the loads(AC Out) and cycled the DC power, but it will not turn on. At the moment the other Phoenix is running all the 120VAC loads.

Any help or advice you can provide to get the (old) master back up and running would be appreciated.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Remove the ve.bus cable from the units and then restart or try configuring them in Tarraleah anyway. And that my work. Normal operation is master inverting led on solid and slave inverting led on flashing.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fetch avatar image fetch commented ·

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

0 Likes 0 ·
fetch avatar image
fetch answered ·

So the unit will not turn on. I have disconnected the AC out and shut the batteries off to restart the system. Any other suggestions?

2 |3000