question

olivesc avatar image
olivesc asked

Orion 24/12 40A use and double wiring

Hi,
I just bought an Orion 24/12 40A converter and am planning to install it to feed low consumption devices such as leds and usb's (for less than 25A output in total).
My question is : When adding in the future a high consumption device making the total output current higher than 25A, the input wiring cables will be doubled, and output wiring cables doubled but only where the high consumption device is, or must I double the cables everywhere ?
(I also hope I can use this converter for many small devices as well as for the "tr" series Orion devices, because I'm in a place where I can't order and wait for a Orion tr 24/12 25A, so I had to buy this 40A Orion converter).
Thank you in advance for your help.
Olivier.

orion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@olivesc

Install the device as recommended in the device manual. The loads are not the concern right now, but protection of wiring and giving it what it needs to protect itself as well.

Take it to a bus bar and run each circuit from there with it's own relative cable size and protection. Than when you add more later it is as easy as connecting to the bus bar.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources